Effective leaders use memorable images when they communicate. Notice the images that Jeremiah used in Jeremiah 2:4-19. Based on what Jeremiah did, here are five tips to communicate a message:
- Begin by grabbing their attention. Jeremiah didn’t waste time. He had a strong opening.
- Use simple language. Jeremiah didn’t try to impress them with eloquent language.
- Stick to one theme. Though Jeremiah used several images, they all related to one theme.
- Use word pictures. Jeremiah used images they could see in their minds.
- End with an appeal. Jeremiah appealed to their minds and hearts.