It’s not easy to take responsibility, especially when things aren’t going well. Jehoshaphat gives us an example, 2Chr 20:1-26.
- When he was afraid, he turned to God for help and asked others to seek the Lord with him.
- He acknowledged God for who He was and what He had done for them.
- Next, Jehoshaphat made his plea to God.
- He listened to what God said and followed His instructions.
- Finally, Jehoshaphat instructed the people to praise God.
What steps do you employ as you take responsibility?
- Before you ask God for something, do you praise Him for who He is and what He has done for you?
- Do you listen to Him and do what He says?
- Once God resolves the situation, do you praise Him for what He did and who He is?