Consider the decision-making process in Acts 15.
Notice how the various participants listened to one another’s views.
Revelation ends with a series of warnings (Rev 22:12-21).
They remind us that:
- The words are true.
- There will be punishment for removing any of the words or adding to them.
- Judgment is coming.
- We should only worship God.
Consider the nature of the people in the crowds around Jesus as He shared the parables in Luke 15.
- Publicans: social outcasts of their day, notoriously dishonest, gathered more taxes than Rome required
- Sinners: those who everyone knew had “missed the mark” regarding righteousness
- Pharisees: zealots who were outwardly religious, strived to impress others, condemned others, avoided even touching sinners
- Scribes: spent time copying scriptures, others accepted them as experts, their attitudes were similar to those of the Pharisees