It’s not easy to take responsibility, especially when things aren’t going well. Jehoshaphat gives us an example, 2Chr 20:1-26.
- When he was afraid, he turned to God for help and asked others to seek the Lord with him.
- He acknowledged God for who He was and what He had done for them.
- Next, Jehoshaphat made his plea to God.
- He listened to what God said and followed His instructions.
- Finally, Jehoshaphat instructed the people to praise God.
If God asked you,
“What shall I give you?” what would you say?
What selection criteria would you use to decide what to ask?
- Pleasure: riches, creature comforts
- Pride: popularity, fame
- Problem-removal: trials, enemies
The most dangerous time for a leader is when that leader becomes powerful.
As long as he sought the Lord, God made him prosper, 2Chr 26:3-5.
When Uzziah became powerful, he was filled with pride.
That began a downward spiral in his life.