When God opened Nehemiah’s heart to do a task, Nehemiah waited three days before he took his first action (Neh 2:11-12). Do you pause before beginning a task God has put in your heart to do? In what ways can a pause be helpful? Continue reading
Tag Archives: heart
Would you like to be a leader who is set apart from the crowd? Read 1Peter 1:13-16. Consider how you can apply the following four suggestions for being a leader who is set apart from the crowd.
- Gird your Mind: Prepare your mind. Remember, you answer to God (Job 38:3 and Eph 6:14).
- Give your Attention: Be sober. Pay attention to what’s happening and cry out to God when you get off track (1The 5:6 and 1Pet 5:8).
- Guard your Heart: Rest your hope. The more you focus on your future inheritance, the more joy you will have (Rom 15:12-13 and Php 4:7).
- Guide your Behavior: Behave to please God. Every step you take toward becoming like Christ pleases Him (1The 2:12 and Eph 6:6).
Lead Like Jesus Readiness Exam, part-1
Are you ready to lead like Jesus? If you answer “no” to Him on most of these questions, you have some work to do before you are ready to lead like Jesus. Pick one or two items for improvement. Make a plan and seek His help. (Based on Lead Like Jesus, Ken Blanchard & Phil Hodges.)
Part 1: Heart
- Do you love Me?
- Do you trust Me?
- Will you serve Me by serving others?
- Do you believe that I will always love you regardless of your performance or the opinion of others?
- Are you willing to set aside instant gratification, recognition, and power to honor Me by doing the right thing?