When Eve brought the forbidden fruit to Adam, Adam dropped the ball.
- Adam didn’t listen to God, but went along with Eve’s bad idea (Gen 3:6).
- When God confronted Adam, Adam blamed what he did on Eve (Gen 3:11-12).
Spiritual leadership requires us to take responsibility for what we do.
Do you take responsibility for how you influence your family members, your work associates, and your fellow Christ-followers?
Don’t drop the ball!
God made us in His image with the intent that we would be leaders (Gen 1:26).
- He gave both men and women the ability and authority to lead (Gen 1:27).
- He told us to rule over the earth, not one another (Gen 1:28).
- God made each of us unique with different gifts and temperaments. This enables us to lead in our areas of giftedness by using those gifts to serve others (1Pet 4:10).
- When we do that, we influence them. That’s leadership.
God holds leaders to a higher standard.
See the caution in Zechariah 10:1-3.