It’s not easy to take responsibility, especially when things aren’t going well. Jehoshaphat gives us an example, 2Chr 20:1-26.
- When he was afraid, he turned to God for help and asked others to seek the Lord with him.
- He acknowledged God for who He was and what He had done for them.
- Next, Jehoshaphat made his plea to God.
- He listened to what God said and followed His instructions.
- Finally, Jehoshaphat instructed the people to praise God.
3 Comments | tags: 2Chronicles, Jehoshaphat, responsibility, take responsibility, turn to God | posted in Lay a Path
When Eve brought the forbidden fruit to Adam, Adam dropped the ball.
- Adam didn’t listen to God, but went along with Eve’s bad idea (Gen 3:6).
- When God confronted Adam, Adam blamed what he did on Eve (Gen 3:11-12).
Spiritual leadership requires us to take responsibility for what we do.
Do you take responsibility for how you influence your family members, your work associates, and your fellow Christ-followers?
Don’t drop the ball!
2 Comments | tags: drop the ball, Genesis, influence, take responsibility | posted in Engage Others