- Be careful of timing. Before you cast the vision, visit individually with key influencers to get their support and encouragement. Pick a time for a group presentation when people will be most receptive to hearing the vision.
- Let your enthusiasm show when you cast the vision. People need to see that you are convinced about the vision yourself.
- When sharing the vision, be succinct. Just present the key points. Getting bogged down in details will reduce the energy level of your presentation.
- Minimize your use of “I” and opt for speaking to how “we” fit into the vision.
- Avoid overselling yourself or the vision. Before sharing a big vision, build credibility with some success stories (ideally some that involve those in the audience).