Take some tips for communicating a vision from the Master. Notice how Jesus used parables (Mat 13). Parable means to “cast alongside.” A parable is a story or comparison put alongside something to make a message clear.
To follow His communication example:
- Simplify the message. Focus on something familiar to your audience. Use comparisons or stories.
- Know the needs of your audience.
- Watch for moments when they are receptive to hearing.
- Model the truth. Live a life worthy of following.
- Check to be sure they understand.
For more leadership principles from Matthew, see: