The qualifications for leadership in 1Timothy 3:1-13 are a great benchmark for leadership in any arena (social sector, nonprofit, business, or educational).
Review the list of qualification in the passage. Here are a few to consider:
- Blameless: Know and do God’s Word.
- Vigilant: Keep your family and yourself close to God.
- Sober: Be sensible and sane.
- Good behavior: Be orderly and respectable, seeking to please the Lord.
- Apt ot teach: Be humble, patient, and respectful as you seek to learn.
- Not Given to Wine: Avoid intoxication from any source. (A drink is fine. Being drunk is not.)
- No striker: Keep angry impulses at bay. Avoid physical altercation.
- Not Greedy: Having money is fine. Letting money become your primary focus is not.
- Patient: Be hard on sin, but gentle on people.
- Not a Brawler: Avoid verbal abuse.
- Not Covetous: Be content with what God gives you.
Make notes of where you need to improve.
This will be a great, but humbling, leadership activity!