Psalm 16:11 You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (NKJV)
The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence is a classic book on what it’s like to have a deeply personal relationship with God. The book contains a series of letters followed by maxims. Here are highlights from one maxim:
Means of Attaining the Presence of God
- Guard against doing, saying, or thinking anything displeasing to God.
- Faithfully fix your gaze on God.
- Before and after each task, pause briefly to look to God.
- Fix your mind on God alone.
- Pursue the practice even when discouraged by slow progress.
- Guard against earthly pleasures that distract you.
- Which of the above would be easiest for you?
- Which would be most difficult for you?
For a study guide of the book, see: Practice of the Presence of God-guide, Brother Lawrence
For a study on key spiritual disciplines, see the: Get Ripped! Study Guide
For a quick reference to key spiritual disciplines, see the: